The Joint Commission has accredited Diamond Ranch Academy for its Behavioral Health programs. This means that we have met the requirements and the standards of quality, performance, and patient care set forth by this organization. Accreditation by The Joint Commission is another piece of information to select a therapeutic program.
The Joint Commission is a non-profit organization that has been accrediting therapeutic programs for more than 50 years. It sets top standards by which healthcare organizations can be measured. Because of their expertise and high standards, The Joint Commission is a leader in the quality field for therapeutics. The JC accreditation of a facility is a nationwide seal of approval that indicates that an organization is meeting high-performance standards.
How does a therapeutic facility become accredited by The Joint Commission?
Accreditation by The Joint Commission is voluntary. A healthcare facility must request that its organization be evaluated.
The process for accreditation includes:
- Staff and patient interviews;
- Inspection of facility documents and process of care;
- Assessment of patient safety, culture, and teamwork;
- Review of the physical facility; and,
- Observation of the daily operations of the therapists, including patient care.